Volume 6 - Special Issue 1 on COVID-19                   Pharm Biomed Res 2020, 6 - Special Issue 1 on COVID-19: 9-16 | Back to browse issues page

XML Print

Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Battineni G, Chintalapudi N, Amenta F. Tropical Conditions and Outbreak of COVID-19. Pharm Biomed Res. 2020; 6 :9-16
URL: http://pbr.mazums.ac.ir/article-1-342-en.html
1- Department of E-health and Telemedicine, University of Camerino, Camerino, Italy.
Abstract:   (971 Views)
Background: The new novel Coronavirus 2019 (nCOV-19 or COVID-19) has caused an unprecedented pandemic in humans. All nations have heightened their surveillances after the quick diagnosis of potential cases of the COVID-19. 
Objectives: Recent statistics have mentioned that virus outbreak in tropical countries is relatively low compared to cold nations. To support this conclusion, we considered the six main tropical regions to investigate the pandemic distribution at the initial phase. 
Methods: Chi-square test was applied to understand the correlation between outbreak and temperature changes. Significant probability P-value was set to P<0.01. P-values were calculated to both positive and death cases. 
Results: Out of 1211562 infected cases, 41776 cases (3.45%) were registered at high-temperature countries (P<0.0001) and 1161786 cases (96.55%) at other countries like European countries or the USA. Moreover, only 1433 mortality cases (2.2%) happened, and the remaining 97.8% of mortality happened among other nations.
Conclusion: Similar to other respiratory viruses like flu and influenza, there is a low outbreak of COVID-19 in tropical nations compared to the other countries. Apart from weather conditions, it is also recommended to follow the serious preventive measures imposed by governments to survive this novel epidemic. 
Full-Text [PDF 1166 kb]   (642 Downloads) |   |   Full-Text (HTML)  (768 Views)  
Type of Study: Brief report | Subject: General

Add your comments about this article : Your username or Email:

Rights and permissions
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

© 2022 CC BY-NC 4.0 | Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Research

Designed & Developed by : Yektaweb